Indefinite Leave to Remain

After you have lived legally in the UK for a certain length of time (usually 5 years), you may be able to apply for permission to settle here. This is known as 'indefinite leave to remain' which some people refer to as "Settlement" or "Permanent Residence".
If you are currently in the UK, your right to apply for settlement will depend on your current immigration category.

• Tier 1 or Tier 2 of the points-based system (exceptions apply) and Innovator
• Partners of British Citizens or individuals settled in the UK
• EEA Citizens and their Family Members
• Sole Representatives or Representative of an overseas newspaper, news agency or broadcasting organisation
• overseas government employee
• minister of religion, missionary or member of a religious order
• UK ancestry
• Asylum Seekers / Refugees

The above summary constitutes a very brief overview of the relevant details under UK Immigration Law. Please contact Beder-Harrison & Co to obtain comprehensive, clear and concise professional advice relevant to your circumstances.