Adult Dependent Relatives

You can apply for permission to settle permanently in the UK if you are:

• aged 18 or over; and
• a parent, grandparent, brother, sister, son or daughter of a British citizen or person settled in the UK.

You can apply to join a settled person in the UK if:

• You need long-term personal care to perform every day tasks, such as washing and cooking.
• The care you need is not available in the country where you are living, either because it is not available and there is no person in the country where you are living who can reasonably provide it or it is not affordable.
• You must apply from abroad rather than being able to switch category from within the UK.
• Your sponsor can show that he or she is able to provide adequate maintenance, accommodation and care for you without having to rely on public funds.

Your sponsor will need to sign a sponsorship undertaking form to confirm that they will be responsible for your care without relying on public funds.

The above summary constitutes a very brief overview of the relevant details under UK Immigration Law. Please contact Beder-Harrison & Co to obtain comprehensive, clear and concise professional advice relevant to your circumstances.